- Cr. : S. D. B. Memorial, Vol. 2, p. 106 ; Diary of Joshua Hempstead, name of wife.
- Samuel Burdick of Westerly, R. I., prob. 7th child of Robert and Ruth ( Hubbard ) Burdick.
- Samuel Burdick was a carpenter and farmer. He was an original member of the Westerly Sabbatarian Church, organized in 1708, but his name disappears from the 1740 list. His wife was baptized and under hands and admitted to the church 11 day, 5th month, 1710 ( Rec. Newport Church ).
- Oct. 2, 1711. Samuel Burdick was one of the purchasers of 5,300 acres of land in the Narrangansett County.
- 1717, May 16, Westerly. Signed Rev. William Davis certificate.
- 1733, Aug. 15. Deed from Samuel Burdick to Samuel, Jr. 6-143.
- 1738, July 24. Deed from Samuel Burdick to son Thomas, all land in field of grantor where grantor's burial place is. 5-307.
- 1743, Dec. 17. Deed from Samuel Burdick to son Edward.
- 1743, Dec. 20. Deed from Samuel Burdick to son Thomas.
- 1745, May 27. Diary of Joshua Hemstead, 'I went to see Samuel Burdick and wife. Her maiden name was Mary Foster of New London.'
- 1752, Sept. 2. Will—proved 1756, Apr. 30. Exe. son Samuel. To son Samuel, carpenter's tools. To son Thomas, land. To son Edward, farming stools. To three sons, wearing apparel, besides what they have had by deeds of gift. To daughter Deborah Champlin, £5, she having had. To daughter Tacy Frink, 20s. To wife Mary, rest of estate. Inventory, £551, 12s., viz. : pair of oxen, cow, 2 two years, 2 swine, warming pan, pewter, etc.